Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 1

I'm off on an adventure!  Today, I left the comfort of friends and familiar places for new and wondrous sights.  My eventual destination is the famed Emerald Isle, known mostly for its potatoes and leprechauns. However, I am not heading there directly.  After all, isn't half the fun getting there?
My first day of traveling hasn't taken me very far.  I started the day on campus at Oklahoma State University.  I took care of final paper work that I needed to turn in before leaving campus, said good bye to friends and coworkers, and checked out of the dorm.  Tucking the last of my worldly possessions into my crammed little car, I hit the road in the late afternoon.  I drove almost 3 hours, through Tulsa construction, to reach my grandmother's house.  Tonight, with some calls to family members who are much smarter than me and to the service provider, I managed to get her internet working again.  Tomorrow morning I think I'm going to have to re-shuffle some things in my car, due to my grandmother adding a few items to my load and the fact that things kept falling on me on the drive over here.  Unfortunately, my allergies also decided to kick in today, so I will either have to keep blowing my nose at 70 MPH or find a store with allergy medicine in the morning as well.
I will worry about that in the morning.  Now, I am to bed.  I have another long day in front of me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment